Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Home Sick

After only a half hour nap yesterday, I woke up with a scratchy throat which by this morning had turned into full on strep. Goodness, I can't believe how fast it happened! So, I woke up at 5:45 AM, wrote my sub plans and put in for a substitute. I found out that this is my 5th day out sick this year. I feel like that's not that bad, 5 sick days in 7 months, although hopefully I can start beefing up my immune system so I don't end up with whatever sickness is going around second grade. On the bright side, when I went to the walk-in clinic this afternoon, (because it is IMPOSSIBLE to get an appointment from me PCP) I only paid $5 for my co-pay and $5 for my prescription! Woo! Thank goodness for health insurance.

Staying home sick is certainly bittersweet. I would definitely rather have been at school with my kiddos :) I think I should be better by tomorrow and back to work...hopefully. In the meantime, I am going to try to plan next week ENTIRELY so that I can enjoy my greenish weekend in Newport. St. Patty's Day Parade, here I come! Lets just hope I can kick this strep by then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment